View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Alek Yasko (kombrig)

Default Hi, Sherry! 1. About enharm

Hi, Sherry!

1. About enharmonic spelling.
You see, Sherry, an arranger or composer has some music logic. He or she KNOWS what is gonna be in the next few steps. Let's say, the melody is descending down (b-b.flat-g-g.flat) and then - jump up to d.#. The software MNC changes spelling by some different way AGAINST THE HUMAN WILL. And this is horrible!

2. mp3 files.
I don't have ones. I mailed my CD's to the moderator of "bayanac.ru". He converted .audio files to mp3's, and then uploaded these mp3's to another Russian site. Russians don't have a problem to download my music from there, but residents from other countries does! I desperately was needed some different place, accessible for our people. That's why I asked for your help...
But I'll tell you the great news! Yesterday, I downloaded "Audacity", as you suggested, put CD into N-drive and have tried hard to convert .au to mp3. And you know what happened? "Audacity" said that I have to first RIP MY CD...
That was a great hint!
I immediately recalled I've got such a feature in "Media Player". So, I just RIPPED my CD's down and - voila! - I have mp3's of my own music now!!! Why didn't you tell me that I should do it first?
What am I gonna do now, Sherry? Could you give me some directions step-by-step, please. And remember, I am a total dummy in the Web-technology, honey...
You've mentioned www.soundclick.com site. So, what about it, Sherry? How I can upload my files there?

Be happy.
Kombrig.