View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Kombrig, Re. the "

Howdy Kombrig,

Re. the "lady boss", I did pick up on your sense of humor (which is very warm and refreshing ), but did want to let folks know that Mark is very generous in the handling of the reins here ;)

As for the chord markings, I see now what you're asking about. For this as well as for the "comments, remarks or single characters ANYWHERE around the score", you can use "Text/Free text" to do this. Using the beta of 2.0, you can do the following:

1. Click the "Text" tab.
2. Then click the "F" button in the second level.
3. Click wherever you want to add the "free" text, "free" here meaning that you can move it around where you want it.

If you're not happy with where it's positioned, you can click on it to select it, and you'll see a little red square, which you can "grab" with the mouse. You'll also see a dotted "tail" which shows where the text will be "anchored", such as to your chords in the bass line. This is important, so that if you should make changes in your arrangement that substantially shift the score around, your carefully noted "7" or "M" will stay with the chord that you wanted it with!

You can read more about the different types of Text in the User's Guide. Mark has done a great job of putting a lot of flexibility into it, and he has documented it well for actually using the feature
(no, I was not paid to say that directly ;) )

ttfn,
Sherry