View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy guys, I should make i

Howdy guys,

I should make it clear that I'm not the "lady-boss", although Mark generously makes it appear that way sometimes I'm just a very happy user who has been blessed to be able to work part-time with Mark, and have benefitted greatly from many user's input and experience here on the forum!

For Kombrig, I'm happy we can set up new sections for folks who have music to share! You can just set up individual threads within the Accordion page for songs or genres within your repertoire or however you think it will work best. You can start these new threads yourself - you won't need me or Mark to do that.

Re. chords: Have you tried the "Format/Transcribe chord names" feature? You should give it a try if you haven't, and read in the User's Guide about it to get familiar with the variations. Mark has done an excellent job of writing up the manual so that it helps you get things done, and doesn't just show off the buttons

For drums, you can add a drum staff, but we don't yet (it is on the list) support the standard five-line drum notation. You may be able to "fake" that using the MIDI drum staff. Someone else I seem to recall has done that, but I don't remember who it was. Anybody out there?

Herbert, thanks for pointing out the spelling error. There goes my job as editor... It's now fixed.

You also wrote:
--------------------
What do you think about the idea of inviting experienced musicians to teach about peculiarities, limitations and techniques in relation to their instrument. This would help interested forum participants to produce parts, arrangements and tracks with a more realistic sound.
-------------------

I think that's a splendid idea! This could be a thread within each "Instrument: xyz" topic itself. I'll work on getting some more "Instrument" topics set up, and you guys can give me some ideas about those instruments (ie, which ones should definitely go up). We can always add more later, too

Your enthusiasm in adding more "educational" information here is great - I think we'll all benefit from it.

ttfn,
Sherry