View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 12:44 AM
SimonBelmont

Default Re: Splitting Notes, Confused.

Hi Sherry, thank you so much for the quick reply! Unfortunately I figured it out about 2 minutes after posting this. I also had the ruler set to 8th notes, which didn't help either.

Honestly, I'm not going to blame either software for that, because I was doing something rather unorthodox, which I will not likely ever need to do again, nor would anyone else, and the timing was strange, so I'm amazed that the results were as accurate as they were, only a few small adjustments needed to be made for it to be basically perfect.

What I was doing, just so you understand...the 10th anniversary of the day my wife and I met is next month. We met at a show, we both went to see the band Thursday, which to this day is both mine and her favorite band. So on that day next month, she is getting a tattoo of a staff with an excerpt of the vocal melody from one of their songs. So I imported that song into my DAW, and played on my MIDI keyboard along with the vocal melody until it sounded right. When I imported the song into my DAW, I didn't bother to actually line up the tempo exactly, I was only concerned with mapping out the correct notes so I didn't have to manually write it out one note at a time. It came out perfect aside from those few notes that were combined, which, I think you are right, it is probably just the quantization of my DAW at work upon export, since the timing wasn't perfect beforehand.

Thanks again for the reply, I really appreciate it. Composer is so user-friendly now that I'm getting used to it, I'll definitely be purchasing it in the near future.