View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi Herbert, Thank you, Herb

Hi Herbert,

Thank you, Herbert! Maybe together we can figure something out. For the life me, I can not understand why GPO saw the need to use the mod wheel for velocity. They could use any number of "unidentified" controller numbers for that purpose. Another thing that is puzzling is that if you used pitch bend in existing songs, GPO totally messes them up. I use them for sax solos, trombone slides (also trumpet) and when using a GPO instrument, it sounds like someone hit the trombone player's elbow during the slide or punched the sax player in the mouth. Every pitch bend that I spent hours on perfecting with general midi now have to be completely redone to work properly with GPO instrumets. Many other parts have to be re-written as well. If there is a 16th note tied to a quarter note, GPO will play them separately. I guess I'll have to add pedal to all of them. What fun!!
It's really disheartening to listen to the awesome sounds the pros get with GPO and JABB. All I get is slop. It is depressing to say the least. Thanks for all your input. I'm sure glad you also have GPO and JABB. Your knowledge and experience will be a big help.

Cheers,
Fred