View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Geir Laastad (rieg)

Default Hello David, Well this time

Hello David,

Well this time they actually did not lie. The synth is a Roland V-Synth GT and it is really fantastic. I bought mine for 14 days ago and it's my 5'th synth in my stable. The new thing is something they call AP-Synthesis (Articulative Phrasing) which actually models the expressions of some accustic instrument. This has been missed until now and is the reason for not (so far) being able to produce these sounds quite perfect. But this synth does indeed do that. In addition, it has "tons" of other good things built in. It is both analog and digital. I have been a Roland fan since my first synth (SH-7) in 1980, but this is one is the cream of the cake.
Below is a link to the Norwegian re-seller, they have 23 video demos there. Pay especial attention to the violine, Erhu and flute demos. But all of these demos are worth looking and hearing at really.

Here is the link:
http://www.sound1.com/portal/asp/pro...odukt_ID=3835#

On this page, to the left of the small synth pic itself, there are two grapical icons, one is a small camera click on that to get a larger pics of the synth's front and back. To the right of that camera icon, there is a film icon, click on that to view the video demos. If they stall because of bandwith limits, it may be best to save them to your disk first and they play them.

I hope this clarifies.

Best regards
Geir (Rieg)