View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 04:59 AM
Clyde (clyde)

Default Hi Sherry, What you wrote

Hi Sherry,

What you wrote about changing the BIAB accompaniment is correct - you can't and each time you play the song it is slightly different. That is why I too appreciate Composer.

I have V2005 of BIAB, but when I used the style creator I had 2004. Its pretty easy to use - just feed the midi file in and set a few simple parameters and it all happens.

But I think it is somehwat dependant on the music that you feed in. If you use a midi file that is a nice little jazz song then BIAB does a great job.

I tried it on a lovely Irish Christian song called 'Ancient Words' which has a beautiful running piano accompaniment. It sort of worked, but results were not good enough to use the style. I think the problem here was more that chord progressions of the Irish music didn't match the BIAB chord progress of its generated music, and so it didn't always insert the best segment of music.

Being an eternal optimist, I feed some Bach music in, as I love the chord progressions in Bach's organ music. I think it was too much for BIAB's tiny brain.

So, I think the answer is - pick your music style, and you may get a good result.

Cheers ... Clyde