View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Winter Winds - Piano Fantasy

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iosonoilprologo View Post
I have always felt a fascination for the Winter season. Specially if you can watch the weather outside from within the comforts of a nice fire place and an enormous glass window!
One of my favorite ways as well

Quote:
Initially as you very well point out, my first thoughts were to work this out in a Sonata format. So, bar 244 would be first bar of the Second Movement and bar 465 initially considered the Third Movement.
I wondered about that. I think you could still treat it as a Sonata in three movements. It would certainly make the sheet music easier to keep up with

Quote:
You are also right on the fact that some segments were improvised and then I would go back and polish them or expand them as a variation of a given theme or development of a particular phrase or phrases.
I'm just curious if you used Notation Composer to do any editing or punch-in recording or polishing. For myself (and yes, I do work for Notation Software now), the ability to record and edit so easily were just some of the features that I found so freeing in composing music. Just some of the reasons that I ever agreed to work for the company

Quote:
I definitely will follow your advice on re-processing it through Music Composer to make the entire piece properly written so anyone else could play it.
I'm planning to create a tutorial video for the ReBar process, but until I get that done there's a pretty good section in the Users Guide about how to use the feature (Help/Users Guide in the program, and use the Index to look up "rebar").

Quote:
I would love to publish it now that I got my registration certificate from the US Library of Congress. Could you expand a little bit more on how I go about doing that?
I'm not sure what type of publishing you're looking to do, but we do have an information page on Songwriting Resources that includes a section on publication which you might find helpful.

ttfn,
Sherry