View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Winter Winds - Piano Fantasy

Hi,

I've been sitting here and listening to your piece, and it has been a very pleasurable listening experience!

Could you tell us a bit about your composition - eg. any inspiration, how you did it, etc. ? It's always fascinating to me to find out how folks compose their work.

I'm assuming that you recorded it at least partly as an improvisation without reference to a metronome, because when I open the .mid file in Notation Composer, the tempo reading never changes even though there is a lot of variation within the performance. The notation, therefore, would not be suitable for someone else to try and play your performance. It also sounds like there may have been two different sessions put together into a single file (the note velocities are quite different in the two sections, beginning in measure 244). Perhaps these are intended as two different movements of the composition?

I'm not sure how you're looking to share this. As a performance it is already quite satisfying. If you want to get it into a sheet music format to share with others so that they can play it, you could use the ReBar feature in Notation Composer to set the barlines properly (while maintaining the nuances of the performance) so that the notes and rhythms would be readable.

Keep up the nice work!
Sherry