View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 03:39 AM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Yamaha KX 49 & Composer problem

Hi Thorben,

My apologies here - I had typed in a nice reply to your previous post, but apparently didn't properly post it after previewing it. My only excuse was that I was probably still "under the influence" of my pain medication as I had an arthroscopy on the 29th

What I had posted was that it appears that something really goofed up the installation. You can first try re-installing the program "on top" of the current installation. Hopefully that will fix it.

If it doesn't fix it, then you'll need to do a "manual uninstallation" if the usual "Windows/Control Panel/Install or remove software" option doesn't work.

1. Delete the \Program Files\Notation\Composer directory.

2. Run RegEdit and delete the Uninstall entry for Notation Musician:

(a) Run RegEdit from Windows Start / Run. (To run Regedit, click on the START button, then click Run. A dialog box will come up with a space to type in the name of a program. Type in "regedit" without the quotes. Click OK when you have typed it in, and the registry editor will open.)

(b) Use RegEdit's Edit / Find command and search for "Notation". You'll find many entries in the registry for Notation, doing "Find Next" by hitting F3. It's fine to delete any of them if you don't intend to run any Notation programs. However, there is one important registry entry to delete in steps (c) and (d).

(c) Keep hitting F3 (Find Next) for "Notation" until you find the entry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall{3FA380...E6A63}, where the ... is a long bunch of numbers and letters. You see in the right window pane of RegEdit several entries with "Notation" in them. The important thing here is that you have found the Windows Registry Uninstall entry for Notation.

(d) Use RegEdit's Delete command to delete this Uninstall entry.

Now you will no longer see Notation Composer listed in Control Panel / Add-Remove programs.

At this point, you can reinstall the software, and all should (we hope) be well.

ttfn,
Sherry