View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Erwin O (erdax)

Default Mark First of all, my proce

Mark

First of all, my processor is a 1600 Mhz, clockspeed 1.33 Ghz and 512 Mb.

Looking at the CPU usage when starting the song it raised to 100% and stayed there for a while. Than slowly it dropped to 2% and the song started but faster than usual and with a lot of drop-outs.When I pressed Stop the song stops but the CPU raises back to 90% usage until it drops to 0% after a while. Meanwhile I couldn't do anything than wait.

When I installed MN Player and went to "Quick Midi Setup" I saw in the dropdown list : "Yamaha Tyros". When I choose Tyros or USB-Midi, the player want work properly with Websites (the 3 I mentioned).
I changed the device in the player to SB-Live and did "Test". The testsound came out of my PC's speakers, which means that the player is sounding now through the soundcard. Guess what! The music wasn't coming through the soundcard but still through the kb, the testsound still was.

I looked in the MidiNotate folder and renamed Composer's MidiDev.cfg. to something else. When looking in the Setup of the Player, Tyros was gone. Set the device to SB- and it worked, I could listen to Midifiles on those -not working- websites.

But when I close the player and open Composer the old situation is back. Normaly MN player has it's own MidiDef.cfg but I believe that it is using some parts of Composer's .cfg. In this way ,I believe, we are creating feedback and that's causing the problems.
Next step I'm going to make is, removing Composer and the Cakewalk file and see what the player is doing.

Hope this will be of some help for you, meanwhile

Cheers
--Erwin