Thread: Dance Music
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hey Big D, All in all you d

Hey Big D,

All in all you did a great job on the untitled piece. I'm not overly fond of the "seashore" effect. It really doesn't sound like the seashore, but more like static or the wind.
I'm not up on today's genres either. Could it be "New Age"?

>quote: "Like other dance music, it's somewhat repetitive, and I don't expect alot of people to like it, excepting my friends who listen to that kind of music all the time."

I'm an old guy, Daniel, but unlike my elders as I was growing up playing my 'today' music, I can appreciate all music. What you've done is create an interesting composition, encompassing not only the necessary skills and knowledge but also feeling and "soul". I'm certain a lot more people than just your friends who listen to that style all the time would like it as well. I like the way you built suspense and anticipation that leads to a nice climax.
The only suggestion I might have is to try for a little more balance in the volume levels. I think some of the grand piano parts can be brought up just a little in places to give the piano a bit more authority. Again, nice job! I'm very impressed with most of what you have done. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Fred