View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 09:16 PM
Active User

Default Re: Notation Composer ranked by Top Ten Reviews to be the worst Music Notation Softwa

Having read the post of how good or bad Notation Composer is, I need to post and share my thoughts in response. I have loved and played music for most of my life. I do not consider myself a professional musician. I started music lessons when I was in my early teens. I am now in my 80's. I have also been involved using computers for most of my life. During all this time I have been searching for avenues that would enhance my love of playing music.

On Sept 12, 2017, I posted a song that I had a lot of fun arranging and setting up strictly for me to play along with, on my keyboard. The name of the song is Bye Bye Blues. For most of you that are reading this, you most likely have never heard of it. If you were to listen to what I put on the site, you should go back first and listen to a recording of the song, so that you would have some idea of what is melody and tempo etc, then listen to what I wanted to hear and play.

I have various pieces of software on my Windows computer. Some of the competition to Notation Composer that I have struggled with over the years is Scorewriter (several versions), Finale Note Pad, Finale Print Music and several others that I have tried to help me in the pursuit of what I was trying to achieve.

If I were to rate of a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, Notation Composer would be about a 9.8 where everything else would not go above a 4. When you see how difficult it is to use the other marketplace software out there and you compare that to the platform of "Composer", the comparison isn't even close.

How sad, that there are forces out there to convey erroneous reviews on work that has been meticulously done and is in the price range of competing products.