Thread: Perform repeats
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 09:41 AM
Active User

Default Re: Perform repeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post

p.s. Have you given any thought to perhaps using different instruments for the different voices? Over the years we've had some pretty creative choir and vocal ensemble coordinators using different instruments to help the members differentiate the voices they were supposed to be following. Just a thought.
I've paid little attention to the voicing as yet. Non of the scores I've done are about getting a polished midi performance. My primary goal is to get some usable sheet music printed up. In the past I have used a variety of voices but most of the time, if individual study parts are needed, I export midis reduced to single parts for "homework" rehearsal. A times I have even edited so that the volume of the other parts is heard but at a faint background level for context. For some reason, which bewilders me, I can't seem to get singers to use the Notation player for their homework. Seems to be a no-brainer but they balk at using another piece of technology. I am not the director but just the tech guy so I have only minimal influence. No to my next post!