View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Instrument Definition files

Sherry and I have been having an offline discussion about this topic relative to my Yamaha Clavinova, and I am (I hope) becoming more knowledgeable about the INS file and how to use it. With Sherry's support and guidance, I have imported a Yamaha INS file for an earlier model, which appears to have most, if not all, that I need. I have found that I can modify any of my starting templates one time to match the Clavinova, and every time I use that starting template, my instrument definitions are all set for when I transport the exported midi file to the Clavinova to create a WAV file (which I can convert to MP3) to share with my friends on and off the Forum.

It seems though that I have created a problem. The Composer file with its Clavinova-compatible Instrument Definition Patches plays okay on my PC and its native sound card and of course, on my Clavinova, but David reports that the Baritone Sax sounded scratchy when he played it on his PC with his sound card through Composer. So, the inference to me is that when I want to share the Composer file with Forum readers, I should post the file with General Midi Instrument definitions, so that no one will experience listening distortions based on the Clavinova Patches I am using.

Ralph