Thread: Rock amp Roll
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 06:50 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Fred, It seems there'

Hi Fred,

It seems there's a rash of new computers on which old standbys don't work like they used to. At least I'm having some of the same problems. I use Acoustica, which is similar to Audacity, and it won't record, either. In fact I have only front mike, rear mike and modem as recording choices now; 'what you hear' is gone, as is midi synth.

Synthfont works, but I get drop-outs when I play to a file to make a .wav or .mp3 recording. You can set up what you want it's default soundfont bank to be: file menu/select default soundfont. If you're saying you want the Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth, you can make that the default...if you can find it. It's probably in Windows/System32. It sounds so bad on my machine (strings that sometimes sound a lot like winds) that I avoid it, though the drum kit is pretty good.

I started with golf at 35, and maybe I should have waited until 63. I broke 90 without much trouble and in fact got right down around par once or twice. That was enough to keep me thinking every time I went out that I might break par, but usually I wound up somewhere between 80 and 110. I could find a way to screw up any hole. If all was looking good when I got to the green, I had no trouble 2 putting from 3 feet. There are quite a number of courses that have heard my variations on ##(*!@##$%#@@#%.

I shouldn't go work on my trumpet concerto after remembering how easily I could make a mess of a round of golf, but . . .

best,
mgj