Thread: Rock amp Roll
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi MG, Composer works perfect

Hi MG,
Composer works perfectly for both recording and playback, as well as Windows Media Player, Itunes, and Real Player. Audacity and Synthfont used to work great until I had to fully recover the operating system. Audacit will play fine, but there is a loud thumping noise when trying to record (plus it won't record at all) Synthfont does not like my GS Wavetable Synth. It will play with Synthfont's presets, but that sound is terrible. That also used to be good before the crash. All of my settings in Sounds and Audio seem correct and the system tells me everything is working with no problems. I just don't get it. Fortunately, I can convert midi to MP3 in Itunes. MY sound syst. is Realtek AC97 Audio.
Golf? I never hit a golf ball until 5 years ago at age 63. Believe it or not, I can drive the ball 220-240 yards down the middle of the fairway about 80% of the time. But it all ends there. I can turn possible birdie and eagle shots into double bogies faster than you can say ##%&$# (trans. "aw shucks")
I broke 100 my first season and broke 90 the second. Since then I have trouble breaking 100 again. I took six months of lessons, 3 days a week, before I even looked at a golf course the first time, but haven't had a lesson since. Maybe that's my problem!
CYa,
Fred