Thread: Backup
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrayner View Post
Thank you for starting this thread, Reinhold. I have to admit, I am a "read the manual later" kind of guy, and I had never looked deeply into your Backup capabilities.

I have made certain that I had now "grade A, squared away" in regard to offline storage for my Composer backups.

I see that I still have a Notation_3_BETA_RELEASE folder in my Public\Documents folder. Is it safe to delete that now?
That is the data part of the Beta Release. We use this special Beta directory totally in parallel to the regular data because when testing the Beta we want to make sure that the Beta is 100% in parallel to the regular version. For clarification I recommend to delete this directory now. It will be created again in case you will participate in a next future Beta testing.

Quote:
In the Installation folder, I also have Inst_NS_Composer_3_English_Backup.zip, which would seem to be outdated with 303 also being there. Is it alright to delete the previous version?
Yes, this backup can be deleted but I always recommend to backup these files on an external storage first. Then it can be easily recovered in case it is required for whatever reasons.

Quote:
There are also three older files with 2014 dates that might be deleteable. I should probably ask you about them offline. I wouldn't want to contribute to anyone mistakenly deleting something they shouldn't based on what I have said here.
Please send us a screen shot of those directories to support@notation.com. A ticket will be created and we will respond with an advice. In case it is of all's interests we are going to post the advice in the forum and/or update the docs.

Reinhold

Quote:
Anyway, thanks for providing me with a better understanding of one of your important features.

Ralph Rayner