View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 08:21 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Mark I agree with Herber

Hi Mark

I agree with Herbert's 1st paragraph. Do I ever. I think floating toolbars would really make for clutter.

The 4th paragraph expresses another concern of mine. An example of what the loss of focus can mean: I made a program change to the cello staff, clicking on the note where it was to occur, but found it on the previous page on a staff on the top part of the page. On other occasions, I've made a change on one of the string staves, clicked OK and found the focus was, again, on the top part of the screen--on the trombone staff. Also, when I move notes from one staff to the next one down, often the focus jumps to the other half of the page. The problem only seems to come up when a score has two full screens on a page. It would save some re-doing time if the focus would stay in one place until specifically moved. Having a note selected does not always work, in this regard; if one moves a note to the next staff, that note IS selected. The jump often, also, occurs when using d and the right or left arrow to alter duration. Usually, again, when the focus in on the bottom half of the screen. In such a case, too, the note IS selected.

It seems to me, that most of what is in the 2nd paragraph is already there.

all best,
mgj