View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Erwin and Sherry, Th

Hello Erwin and Sherry,

The MidiNotate setup program should install the Harmony font in the Windows\Fonts directory. There are various reasons that might fail, that I won't go into here. If the installation of the font fails, then you can reboot Windows and the setup program should finish its work of installing the font. But even if none of that works, MidiNotate still has yet a further safeguard to make sure the Harmony font is available. However, that safeguard was not working in last release of MidiNotate Player. Erwin, I appreciate your report of this problem, because it brought to my attention that the safeguard was not working.

The safeguard is this: Even if the Harmony font never gets installed in the Windows/Fonts directory, all versions of MidiNotate have a copy of the font embedded inside the executable (.exe). If the Harmony font is not found in the Windows/Fonts directory, MidiNotate lifts the font out of its .exe and places it in the same directory as the .exe, and then refers to that extracted copy of the font. That safeguard has been working well for a year or two, but I broke it in the last release of MidiNotate Player. I'll fix it in the next release.

In the mean time, Erwin, you can download the following Harmony font file, and install it in your Windows/Font directory. Anyone else reading this post some weeks or months from now should not use this copy of the Harmony font, because it might be out-of-date. Instead, you should go to www.notation.com/support.htm and look for the Harmony_.ttf under Downloads.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Harmony_.ttf
HARMONY_.TTF (41.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Cheers
-- Mark