View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Clyde, David, and Sherry, I

Clyde, David, and Sherry,

I did what I thought was a pretty thorough test for the conflict between MidiNotate Player and MidiNotate Composer in the area of MIDI device configuration, and everything worked fine. I'd appreciate your doing the following test, and letting me know whether you run into a problem on your system. If you don't, then our next task is to discover what is different about my test versus the circumstances of the bug you're running into.

Here's the test I followed successfully, and which I hope one of you will try. It won't take long if you still have the setup programs for Player and Composer on your system:
  1. Install both MidiNotate Player and MidiNotate Composer underneath a new common parent directory, such as \Program Files\MidiNotateTest.
  2. Confirm that there is no MidiDev.cfg file in this \Program Files\MidiNotateTest directory. The MidiDev.cfg is automatically created the first time you run one of the MidiNotate programs.
  3. Run MidiNotate Composer for the first time.
  4. Use the Setup / Quick MIDI Device Setup command in Composer, and set the playback device to one that you commonly use.
  5. Exit Composer.
  6. Run MidiNotate Player for the first time.
  7. Use the Setup / Quick MIDI Device Setup command in Player. Confirm that the playback device is set to the one that you set above in Composer. This should happen because all MidiNotate programs under the same common parent directory will share the same MidiDev.cfg file.
  8. In Player's Quick MIDI Device Setup dialog, change the playback device to another one that you commonly use.
  9. Exit Player.
  10. Run Composer a second time.
  11. In Composer's Quick MIDI Device Setup, confirm that the current playback device is now the one you most recently set above in Player.
Thanks!!!

-- Mark