View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 04:11 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello David, I was able to

Hello David,

I was able to reproduce the problem with the wrong page size initially displaying in Page View. It turns out that I had fixed only part of the problem you previously reported.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

There is also a functionality difficulty with the way Player handles MIDI devices. Player seems to assign all parts to one MIDI port, even if the file loaded is set for multiple ports. With a fully orchestrated score, there are more than 16 channels required to cover all the instruments, therefore playback on more than one port is required. Although Player can load such files, it can't play them back properly if only one MIDI port is used. Without the Track Setup dialogue box, this can't be changed.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Please try this quick investigation. I assume you followed Sherry's advice and installed Player under a different parent MidiNotate directory than the MidiNotate parent of Composer. In Player's parent directory, rename MidiDev.cfg to MidiDev.bak. Then copy the MidiDev.cfg from \Program Files\MidiNotate (parent of Composer) to the parent of Player. Then run Player and see if this problem goes away.

Thanks!
-- Mark