View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 02:40 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Mark, In going throug

Howdy Mark,

In going through the Player just briefly, it's looking good. I haven't given it the rigamarole yet, but I did check some of the previous concerns I mentioned before, and it's looking good.

I also like the "learn more" button in the menu bar - nicely done

I might mention to anyone else who is listening in, that when I first installed the Player, I made a separate "C:\Program files\Midinotate Player" directory to install it in. While this did separate it for the most part, it seemed that my computer still got a bit confused at times and took a very long time to start Player when I clicked the desktop icon. At that time Player also "usurped" the assignment of .mid files, even though I had the assignment checked in Pro, and not in Player.

I think the problem was in the folder name "Midinotate Player". It had too many characters in the beginning of the folder names, so sometimes there was confusion about which folder's files to access. Sooooo.......

This time, when I installed the Player, I changed the directory name to C:\Program files\Notation Player", and it seems to have resolved any crossover issues. Player starts quickly as I would expect it to, there is no usurpation of assignments, and it did not affect my cfg file at all. If you want to have both programs installed and run them independently (which is what I wanted), then this solution seems to work.

ttfn,
Sherry