View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Getting better sounds inexpensively

Hi Hubertus,

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremowolf View Post
Yesterevening I tried out some very simple procedures : Using Notation Composer to change the tempi of the movements of a MIDI version of Mozart KV 576 piano sonata and then playing this modified version with SynthFont. In this case no problem : Export MIDI from Composer, then open MIDI with SynthFont.
Actually you can use the two together. SynthFont has an option to "Activate MIDI Input." If you click that button, and run Composer, then SynthFont acts as the MIDI playback device, while you edit or play the score in Composer. It's a lot easier that way, as you get immediate feedback on what your changes will sound like. If you like what you hear and want to make an audio file, just (1) use the File/Export as MIDI command in Composer, save the .mid version of your file, (2) open that .mid file in SynthFont, and then (3) use SynthFont's "Play to File" command to get a clean "rendering" of the file to audio.

Quote:
It would be much easier to save the date and time of some entry and using this to get back to the point of interest next time. F.i. your original posting starting this thread was of "03-08-2010 02:45 PM". But I can't use it to get back at this, I have to know where to go.
I'll have to take a deeper look at the forum software to see if I can do that.

However, there is an easy way to keep track of specific posts if you want them for reference. I use this method a lot, because I keep track of suggestions for improvements to or problems with the software that get reported here in the forum.
1. You can use Windows' Notepad (under Start/ All programs/Accessories/Notepad, or your favorite text or document editor) to create a document for "Posts I want to reference".

2. When you find a post you want to remember, find the little Post Number (eg. #4) in the upper right corner of the dark blue bar across the top of the post.

3. Right-click on that number, and your browser should bring up a menu that will contain the option to "Copy link location" (Firefox) or "Copy shortcut" (Internet Explorer). Click on that option.

4. Now go back to Notepad (or other editor) and click in the document where you want to paste in that link.

5. Press "Ctrl + V" to paste the link (url) to that particular post in your "Posts I want to reference" document.
Now when you want to go back to those posts, you'll have the exact link to that post. How cool is that?

Enjoy
Sherry