Thread: 'dirty' midi
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 09:46 AM
Active User

Smile Re: 'dirty' midi - mea culpa

Well, mostly.....
For some time I had had a set-up with a cheap midi controller keyboard as a midi-in - which had its own printer-style usb connection, so I had 'parked the out' cable of the usb-midi cable in the 'out' of my clavi (knowing I could turn it off with a click in what I have been calling 'my other software'.)
Late last week, I changed that, to physically replace the cheapie with my Roland A500 - but that wasn't then connected into the computer-centred connections at all - it had an-old style 5 pin cables set direct to my Korg 03R/W. So the 'out' of the usb-midi cable was 'floating', and I re-parked it in the 'other' socket of the SD2.
This morning I was adjusting again, to re-instate the clavi as a midi-in option, and it suddenly occurred to me that this 'parking' could have been the cause of the conflict with the SD2. And indeed, so it has proved - 'Twinkle' plays nicely (well actually, it's a fairly horrible track !) from NC.
So principally my fault.........though the fact remains that several other softwares coped. It's possible to be too 'sensitive', perhaps ?

Anyway, I can listen and scroll through NC again, thank goodness.

Regards

Ian G.