View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Erwin, I received the MIDI

Erwin,

I received the MIDI file you sent me from SVP World. It plays fine with MidiNotate Player 1.0.9.8 on my XP machine (I noted you are using XP, not Win98).

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Could it have something to do CPU overload???<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>That's not very likely. How much memory does your XP machine have?

One thing that is special about the MIDI file you sent me is that uses Yahama's "XF" extension of the MIDI file format. I added support for this around three years ago and forgot that I had done this. When I saw the chord names displayed after the MIDI file was opened, I thought, "How is that possible? MIDI files don't have chord names!" But, Yamaha XF MIDI files _do_ have chord names.

There might be some problem here that has to do with this file being an XF MIDI file.

Are you playing the MIDI file through a Yamaha device or keyboard? If so, try playing it through a MIDI device that is not made by Yamaha. I'm thinking that maybe there is some MIDI XF data in the file that is corrupted that a Yamaha MIDI device would have a problem with, but that a non-Yamaha MIDI device would not have a problem with (because non-Yamaha MIDI devices would ignore the XF data).

Cheers
-- Mark