Thread: New area for me
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Fred, 10-12 hours a d

Hello Fred,

10-12 hours a day at the piano! Wow! This is wonderful that you are able to indulge in music so much. That Composer has help renew your inspiration brings satisfaction to me.

Your Solitude piece reminds me a lot of some of the music that Tim Fatchen music has presented in this forum under the Easy Listening style. Check it out. You might find a soul mate in Tim.

I think you'll find the upcoming metronomeless transcription feature in MidiNotate Composer Pro quite interesting. I already tried it on your Patsy_s_Song.not. It didn't work very well on your music. In general, the process of transforming a metronomeless transcription into a score is more difficult the more rubato there is in the piece. Your improvisations have a very high degree of rubato. If you find that you want to turn improvisations into notated scores, you might find that you'll need to compromise on the rubato initially in the improvisation, keeping a more defined beat, where the meter and barlines are fairly clear. Then, after MidiNotate transcribes the metronomeless transcription, you can go back an manually add in the rubato (tempo changes). However, if you don't want to make such a compromise, you'll still be able to improvise with all of the rubato you want. It just means you'll have to work harder to convert the metronomeless recording into a readable score. You'll have a chance to try out this new feature in not many weeks.

Keep the music flowing!

Cheers
-- Mark