View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Notation Composer and Mac users

Hi all,

meanwhile I changed the status from an "investigation" to a "project".

Further results are that it is possible to have the same software package 1:1 running on Windows and on MAC OS X (Mavericks and future versions).

This concept results in opportunities for customer and us (these are our ideas but not yet finally confirmed):

- a customer can decide whether to run the software on Windows or MAC OS X. No difference when a customer purchases.
- we plan to offer that any customer who purchased a 3.0.1 license for Windows can move this license to a MAC without any additional charge
- we can keep the same prices of the software for MACs
- because usually MAC software is more expensive than Windows software, this is a great opportunity for everybody
- we can use the same proven tools for software creation and delivery. It is mandatory that we do not have additional efforts other than testing.

As mentioned above, these are the ideas subject to be confirmed within the project.

So far we have not yet worked out a project plan, firstly I need to get my arms around those bugs shown in this thread when opening Peter B.'s arrangement of "The Fat Man".

Reinhold