View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Changing tied notes to dotted notes

Hi guys,

Thanks for the tip on using Realplayer Adrian. I'm sure that others will find that helpful, too.

Yes, QuickTime does have the unfortunate habit of "usurp all" when it comes to file associations. There is a setting inside Quicktime that is labeled something quite vague, such as "Open files in browser" or "Open media files in browser", which essentially means that Quicktime will take over any media file that you click on while browsing, ignoring any other settings either in Windows File Associations or in your browser preferences. I forget exactly where it's at. If I recall correctly, it's under something like Tools or Preferences, Internet settings, or something similar. The "desktop" version is just as bad, and I was never able to figure out how to override the associations in that. I don't have it installed on my machine at all for that very reason. Highly annoying.

Perhaps someone already knows the specific steps to override QT's settings in the current version. I had figured out the above some years ago, and dislike QT enough that I haven't installed it again since I uninstalled it after that. Perhaps I should install it long enough to figure out how to disable it

ttfn,
Sherry