View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi Sherry, I saved the file

Hi Sherry,

I saved the file as you instructed above, using 3 instruments. Saved it with a different file and name and it saved the file as desired. However, I also saved it with a different name as a midi file and it only worked in the current session. When I closed Composer and re-opened it and opened the midi file, the GPO staff reverted back to General Midi. That's puzzling.

As far as recording, Audacity and Sound And Record will not record with GPO Studio open.

In Audacity, the error states " Error while opening sound device. Please check the input device settings and the project sample rate" I can't see anything out of whack there.

In Sound Recorder, the error states " Your audio cannot record into files like the current file. To record, create a new document".

It's looking more and more like I made the biggest mistake of my life asking for GPO and JABB. If I am the only person who gets to hear the instruments, what good is it? If I write a piece with GPO instruments, at this point I would have to invite everyone to my house in order for them to listen to it. If it were possible to return software, I would do it in a heartbeat. I realize I may be the only person who is having these problems, but nonetheless, it is still very disappointing. I have 36 hours invested so far, and have gotten nowhere. If you could wave a magic wand over my head, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks again for all your help and any further suggestions.

P.S. I feel certain I could accomplish what I want if I use GPO or JABB instruments for every staff. At least GPO Studio would save the wave file and I could convert it to MP3 to save space. That would mean I would have to completely re-write everything with just one note in each staff. OH boy!

Cheers,
Fred