View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Fred, Hmm.... I ju

Howdy Fred,

Hmm....

I just tried creating a file that used both GPO instruments as well as some soundfonts, saved the file, then reopened it in the same session. The Staff/Setup showed that the devices, banks and instruments were just as I had saved them. So I'm unable to reproduce your observation with the following steps:

1. Open an existing file (three instruments) and click Staff/Setup.
2. In the Staff Setup dialog, use the drop list to set the Device for the first staff to "GPO 1", and channel 1.
3. Set the Device for the other two staves to "SB Audigy 2 synth A", channel 2, 001 grand piano.
4. Click "Ok."
5. Use "File/Save as" to save the file with a different name than the original.
6. Close the song.
7. Reopen the song file and check Staff/Setup to check the Devices, channels, and instrument assignments. They're just as I saved them.

How do your steps differ from mine so as to produce the "non-saved settings" file?

Also, I've used Audacity to record "What you hear" when I use a mix of soundfonts and GPO (I've not tried out the Windows Sound Recorder). For my setup, I also have to be sure that the sound level slider for "What you hear" is all the way up - for some reason it seems to get set to 0 sometimes when working with GPO. You might want to check your soundcard settings.

Another recommendation for recording here is to use the ASIO driver ASIO4all (available at www.asio4all.com) It's free, and it makes getting all the ASIO information synchronized between your recording software and the GPO Kontakt player. It also will help you get any latency matching done much easier if you're using multiple devices.

I hope something here is helpful!

ttfn,
Sherry