View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy John, That's real

Howdy John,

That's really nice that you have a way to try out GPO before you buy it, but I can understand not wanting to wait for an hour to find the instrument library

So, do I understand correctly that if you have the .gpo or .studio file, that you can double click that file and get the GPO Studio to come up, fully loaded, and then play the file from Composer? Or the converse situation, that you start Studio, then start to load an instrument sound, and the computer starts searching and can't find anything?

I have GPO, and am using the version 2.0 Studio on my computer. I have 2 hard drives, and I have both the GPO library as well as the GPO Studio installed on the same hard drive (c: ), so I've not had the problem that you've experienced.
I don't see anything, either in the Studio to tell it where to look for the library, and it's been so long since my original installation that I don't remember if that's part of the install/setup process or not. Maybe someone else knows.

Another thought occurs to me, in that you may need to be sure you've got the GPO Studio running _before_ you start Composer. This isn't an issue for me on my computer since my initial setup, but not knowing what the setup is there, it may be an issue in your scenario.

Anyway, I think it's a very reasonable request that if someone creates a song file that they intend to use with GPO that they include the .gpo (v 1.x) or .studio (v 2.0) file to go with it. If the file is not included with a composition here on the forum, perhaps you could email that user directly, or post in that thread, requesting the GPO Studio file. It would be easy enough to send it to you or post it here on the forum.

You also said:
I was thinking of buying GPO V2 and would like to use it with MNC but if this problem exists in V2 as well, it means I would be unable to use any GPO distributed templates :-(

I'm not sure I understand why you wouldn't be able to use GPO distributed templates with Composer - I thought that part worked? Where am I confused?

ttfn,
Sherry