View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi Mark, Believe it or not, I

Hi Mark,
Believe it or not, I found volumes 1 and 2 of the books and the record for volume 2. (God knows where the record for volume 1 is). I now remember that my tunable record player was stolen years ago by one of the foster children we had taken into our home. The system is called "A new approach to jazz improvisation" by Jamey Aebersold. Volume 2 is called "nothin' but blues". The books are jam packed with everything about jazz improv anyone could ever find in a lifetime. Actually, the "play along" record for volume 2 was never opened. I lost interest because I no longer had the record player and could not afford another at the time. It got a little difficult trying to learn the techniques and have to transpose everything at the same time. I was used to transposing 1 full tone up on the saxophone, but the piano was only a half tone flat and it drove me nuts. If you would be interested in the books and the record, I would be glad to send them to you. I did not have a very tough time with the theory because I had completed the "Schillinger Jazz" method, but it did help quite a bit with getting used to applying that to the piano ( it sure is a lot easier playing one note at a time on the sax ). Just let me know if you would like to have them.

Cheers,
Fred