View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Andrew, The [url="htt

Hello Andrew,

The www.native-instruments.de web site seems to be down right now, so I'm not able to do any further research there at the moment.

I don't own a copy of Kontakt2, so this is somewhat difficult for me to investigate here on my own.

Are the MIDI output ports for Kontakt2 listed in the Windows Control Panel / Multimedia / MIDI panel? These MIDI ports need to be there in order for Composer to be able to play to Kontakt2, and also for any other MIDI application to do so. Make note of the name(s) of the Kontakt2 MIDI port(s).

These MIDI ports should show up in Composer's Setup / MIDI Device Configuration window. Do you see the ports listed there?

If you don't see the Kontakt2 port listed in the MIDI Device Configuration window, then Use the Port / Select Ports command in the MIDI Device Configuration window. Do you see the Kontakt2 port(s) listed there? You should. Let me know if you know. If you do see the port listed, do you see a checkmark by it? I suspect not. Let me know which way you see it. Then add a checkmark by the Kontakt port. You should then see the Kontakt port listed in the MIDI Device Configuration window.

If you have arrived at this point and _do_ see the Kontakt port listed in the MIDI Device Configuration window, try assigning that port/device to some song and play it. Do you now hear Kontakt playing?

If you don't hear Kontakt playing, go back to the MIDI Device Configuration window. Is the Kontakt port listed as "Out(put)"? If not, please let me know, and then select it, and use the Port / Properties command, and set a checkmark for "Open for MIDI Output (playback)". Then trying playing to the Kontakt Player again.

If you have arrived at this point and still do not hear playback on the Kontakt Player, then I'll explore with Native Instruments whether they'll lend me a copy of Kontakt2 to use to debug this problem.

Cheers
-- Mark