Thread: Chord Problem
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Chord Problem

Hi Toni,

I'm sure you're not doing a thing wrong - I'm just trying to figure out exactly the conditions that make this bug show up because I'm not seeing it here. A bug where extra measures were added initially to a file while recording was present in an earlier version, and it was fixed as far as we know and tested. However, there may be something that is lurking and only shows up in specific settings. Digging around and figuring out the specific conditions allows me to write up a very specific report for fixing the problem. Composer should add measures to a file if you are recording and the recording goes longer than the number of measures initially set for the file, but it should not automatically add measures to start off with.

Does this happen every time that you start recording into a new file? If so, then I'm really puzzled. If it only happens some times, please carefully note exactly the steps (if you can remember - I know that can be difficult when you just want to get something done!) Meanwhile I'll try to figure out what conditions might cause this to happen. Things to note: is there any part of the score that is selected when you start recording and see the problem? Are other song files open? How was the new song created (what steps)?

I know the above may seem a bit scattered, but I'm trying to figure out what specific conditions make this bug show up. Thanks for your help here, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

ttfn,
Sherry