View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:46 AM
Statue

Default Inserting a rest measure at the start

Hi,

I often use Notation Musician to clean up and prepare midi files to make them useful for use as lessons on my Yamaha keyboard (making sure they are split by left/right hand and notes allocated to the right staves etc.).

They tend to work fine after doing this and then converting them to format 0 using GN1:0.

However, on a very small number of them, I find the lessons on my keyboard seem to begin not at the very beginning of the piece, but after a note or two into measure 1. I'm not sure what causes that behaviour but I'm trying to work around it by inserting a pure rest or dummy measure at the beginning of the problem midi files. However, when I try to do this in Notation Musician, it doesn't seem to allow me to place a bar or start bar *before* any of the notes of the piece (however far left I click when adding a start bar, it drops a start bar after measure 1, but that's not what I'm aiming for!).

Maybe I'm not doing it correctly, in which case I'd appreciate a hint (I have searched the manual and knowledgebase and forums but didn't find what I'm doing wrong).

Thanks