View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 04:06 AM
blackstream

Default I can't get GPO 4 working with Composer

Any help would be appreciated.

I cannot get GPO 4 to work with Composer. I tried the tutorial at http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/Mid...POTutorial.htm but this seems to be for an old version of GPO, as I cannot open a .gpo file with the Aria Player only .aria files.

When working thru this issue, I've opened the GPO aria player with a loaded .aria file before opening Composer, when I do, I can't hear any sounds when I place notes on the staff (even with Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth selcted). Also, I do not see a list of GPO instruments in the 'Select Midi Playback Device' under 'Setup -> Quick Midi Device Setup'

When I open Composer only, I can hear the notes I play on the staff (with Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth)

Do I need to use vsthost and a virtual midi cable to get these two apps working together as stated on your website FAQ page OR is there a way to do it without installing any additional software as stated in the garritan tutorial?

If vsthost and a virtual midi cable is the way to go, does the Standalone Aria Player take the place of vsthost?

Thanks in advance,
Frances