View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 05:51 PM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Mark, Ha! Jinx ya owe ma

Hi Mark,

Ha! Jinx ya owe ma a coke, as we said 50 years ago; or was it, great minds think alike.

I think what you wanted was included in the tests I just detailed. The tests before the sweep/install/web up-date in Magic Score were using Sw Synth and MS Wavetable, so it was premature to say that the crash didn't happen with any device, as the lasts tests showed.

Trying to analyze just why MS Wavetable sounds so bad, I had let that play for nearly the whole last movement (the 1st symphony) that time, which has a lot of goodies like claves, wood block, chinese cymbals, etc. That is where I got the idea that maybe MS Wavetable would not crash either an sfd or not file--a theory the tests support.

I appear to have picked up some spyware, so I am going to do my usual Sat afternoon maintenance and a system virus scan. Then, I will further test, though I do not look forward to those long periods of using the on/off switch and file integrity checks.

BTW, I think it is a note velocity problem with MS Wavetable. It's just too **** LOUD, and reducing the note velocity by a factor of up to 50, depending on the instrument, seems to help a lot.

all best,
mgj