View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Larry, It sounds like

Howdy Larry,

It sounds like you are a "man for all genres" with your music. That's got to be a lot of fun!

I often use Composer for our church group similar to what you are doing. I scan sheet music for translation to a midi file, then import the file into Composer to make all the changes I want to do. I use Composer to make all the corrections and do the print outs. Additionally, if you're printing music for others in your group, you can add annotations and such as you go along with your editing. These annotations are all saved in the .not file that Composer will save. I also use the "Parts" feature to print out only certain parts for other players, or just a chord/melody part for our guitarist.

As for accessing your sound modules, that will depend on if they have midi capability. If you've been using them with Cakewalk, you should have no problem using them with Musician and Composer. You can even import the device configuration files (for bank and patch names) that you used with Cakewalk into Musician or Composer.

I think that probably your effects processors would come after your sound modules in your sound chain. Is this correct? Or have you been using them with other MIDI controllers? I haven't played around with any external effects units (except in "live" settings), so I'm not sure how they would fit in with the setup of files in Cakewalk (if you've been doing that) or Musician/Composer. But I'd be willing to learn!

I hope this is helpful!

ttfn,
Sherry