View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Lawrence Pregler (larry)

Default Mark or Sherry: I have a purc

Mark or Sherry:
I have a purchased copy of Musician 1.1.4 and I'm considering upgrading to Composer.
Here is what I'm doing: (1) I'm a Church guitarist and receive the music on practice night (the piece generally doesn't have the chords indicated). I then scan to"Sharp Eye" which converts to a midi file (with mistakes that need correction). I pull the .mid file into Cakewalk where I make all the corrections in the music and lyrics, etc. I can then import the midi file into Musician and get the chord names, set the music up for printing and make both a full print and a cheat sheet (this often brings me from ten pages to two or three pages, which fits nicely on the music stand).
Would Composer allow fewer changes in my steps?

(2) I'm a composer who doesn't read music by sight (hence needing the chord names to play), but can write, and have sold a few jazz and classic style pieces over the years. I have six sound modules and two effects processors in my rack which I should be hooking up soon (after having moved to my retirement home). Will I have access to them all through Musician and/or Composer.

I am liking the accuracy of Musician, and the publishing is so much better than Cakewalk (any version) or any other programs I've tried.

Thanks for your responsiveness to your customers, and your rapid changes to update the programs to fit their reasonable requests.
Thanks, Larry