View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 04:56 PM
astralflyer

Default Re: Help Needed: Recording 16 tracks of midi from a workstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Hi,

The short answer is that Composer only records into one staff (track) at a time.

The other part of that is that, as I understand it, most "auto accompaniment" synths (eg. the Tyros) only output audio for the auto accompaniment, not MIDI. (I know this was true for a Casio I used to have.) Therefore it wouldn't be possible to record it into any MIDI sequencer.

What can be done (also if I recall correctly - I don't have a Tyros to experiment with) is to Save the song file as a .mid file to a disc or memory stick, which can then be opened in Notation Composer, with all the instruments in separate staves.

Perhaps someone else who uses a Tyros can give you better info on how they use it.

ttfn,
Sherry
Thanks Sherry, I like your idea of saving the Midi song to Memorystick and playing it back to the Tyros... why didnt I think of that lol. The Tyros does however output the 16 midi channels when playing a sequenced song. I think the problem maybe that the Tyros outputs these on a seperate Midi channel 2, which may explain why my actual played notes are being picked up by NC, but not the sequenced output.

I have tried recording 16 channels of sequence previously with calkwalk and it worked just fine.

The reason i want to do this is so I can play the drums/chords/accompiment into NC, then overdub onto that... this would be very nice.