View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Hi Ho, Back with another in

Hi Ho,

Back with another installment for the children's portion of the program This is probably the largest work that I've done from scratch, and it took a bit of time. I still have two more songs (another got added), but they're much shorter pieces, and won't be as involved.

We're putting together some artwork which ties in the traditional 12 Days of Christmas lyrics with a sort of "basic tenets of the faith" parallel. There is some disagreement about whether this song was used back during the days when England and King Henry were debating about what exactly the state church was, but in any event, we're using a version of the tie-in for our program. It's useful whether or not it's historical With that in mind, and since we want folks to be able to digest the artwork, I wanted to add some type of "pause" after each day was introduced. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the technique I used

Once again, I have a rough draft up on SoundClick (www.soundclick.com/beanfield_castle) using soundfonts. I'm posting a GM version below, but be warned that I haven't done any level adjustments, I just replaced my soundfont settings with GM settings. I also have a soundfont version of the file if anyone is interested.

You'll notice that I didn't clean up the score at all - the lyrics are scattered about over the various instruments so that I could more easily keep track of what I was doing with which instruments and where. Since this file is principally for the audio anyway, I probably won't mess too much with that. If I need to print out a lead sheet, I'll just create a "melody" staff and copy/paste all the lyric sections into it just for printing. I'm planning to leave the instrumentation the way it is for the final version (no turning volume down any place), because the kids will need that prompting to keep up with the lyrics I'm sure

<center><table border=1><tr><td>The 12 Days of Christmas
The 12 Days of Christmas - 2008 GM.not (599.0 k)</td></tr></table></center>

If you have suggestions about tweaks, adjustments or changes, do let me know. I've still got a little time

ttfn,
Sherry