View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Active User

Default Re: displayed notes don't match pitch of palyed sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Hi,

I'm not experiencing this problem when I open both files and compare the pitches that I hear on playback for measures 7-9. Steps I'm taking:
1. Open both files, and use Window/Tile Horizontally so I can see both files at the same time.
2. Click the "Solo" button for the "Melody" staff in each file.
3. Set the Playback cursor at measure 7 (m7) for each.
4. Play one file for m7-9, then immediately go and play the other file (m7-9). The concert pitches are the same.

What do I need to do to hear the problem?

If there are notes in other staves that are not listed in a part, then those notes will play even though they are not displayed. Where is this happening at in the file? I'm asking because I did not notice anything that seemed out of place when I played the file back, but I haven't been working with it as closely as you have either

Thank you for quick reply. I did the solo note thing. Try opening just the .not file. set at measure 7 and hit the play button. If you know the song you will hear it is not correct. Now go back to measure 7 and highlight the first note. now play through using the arrow keys. I get completely different sounds.

Which tied note, and what change are you trying to make to it? Knowing specifics will help me to better help here

I found an example see red rubber ball .not below As I play it that purple line appears on the ties.

This is probably due to the [ ] Drum Instrument box in the lower left of the "Add Staff" dialog being checked. If that box is checked, then be sure to uncheck it for a "regular" instrument to show regular noteheads.

This fixed this issue!! thanks.

ttfn,
Sherry
See replies above
Attached Files
File Type: not Red Rubber Ball.not (396.1 KB, 5 views)