View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Eamonn O'Hogain (eamonx1)

Default Am Stuck A stuck composer

Have just bought Notation Composer and am trying to use it. Just cannot seem to be able to get beyond the following problem.

I wish to write down a bar (measure) of music. 4/4 time signature in the key of G. Minor. The problem is with the Treble Clef line.
The bar consists of a chord consisting of two whole notes, A and middle C. Played with this chord is a dotted quaver, E-natural (above middle C). A and C are held throughout the measure. E-natural however moves on to a semi quaver (a 16th note) D (a tone below E-natural), then moves on to a crotchet (quarter note) on E-natural, next a quaver (8th note) on E-natural and finally a dotted crotchet on D (down a tone)

When I try to write this I have no trouble in putting in the two whole notes, A. and C. But when I next try to add the dotted quaver, E-natural (to be played with the A and C.) chaos results.

You will see the problem demonstrated in the File Attachment. The first measure shows the two whole notes, A and Middle C. The next measure shows what happens when I try to add the dotted quaver E-natural. The third measure shows the five notes which the first measure should include.<center><table border=1><tr><td>My Problem in Three Measures
Example.not (7.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>