View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:12 PM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Djim, Quote: I forgot to

Hi Djim,

Quote: I forgot to ask whether you checked out the preset balances of the pffft producing Tympani´s against the Tympani silver´s in the Merlin Creative bank. Unquote.

I think this may be something you can do in Vienna, and I've taken a look at what is there, but I'm not sure how to do it.

I have found that there is no pffft with the Merline Creative percussion added to Merlin My_Own, though it is about 99MB with the soundfonts I've added to it. However, I do still get the occasional pffft with the Merlin Creative percussion added to Merlin Vienna. In both cases I deleted the percussion already there before adding the Creative.

The easiest solution is to use one of the orchestra percussion banks from the melodic pool of +Symphony or ... forget the other now. Both have the full range of timpani up to B4. Then from middle C on up, they have cymbals and a few other things, like the triangle and sleigh bells. The only trouble is that doing that leaves only 14 channels rather than the 15 you still have after channel 10.

I may just start making my tuba a trombone so they can use the same channel, which could often free up a channel for one of the orch. percussion fonts.

all best,
mgj