View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 04:04 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Djim, Nice to see you ag

Hi Djim,

Nice to see you again.

I don't know if the tune the movement is based on every made it to Europe, or not. It was written some time around, and probably before, 1900, and is called "When you were Sweet Sixteen." It was popular in the US for at least a while, but not by the time I was born. I must have been in my 50s when I first heard it, on a tape by Joan Patenaud of Gay Nineties songs. Lyrics can be found by a google search. Maybe a midi file, too, so one can see how I messed around with it.

Speaking of soundfonts. I have found that if I have to use channel 10, patch 49, for timpani and cymbals, the cymbals often sound as a "pffft." This is the case with every soundfont I've tried, except t he Merlin Creative. The author said it was designed for Soundblaster and Audigy cards, which mine is. So maybe that's the difference. If I don't have to have timpani and cymbals on the same channel, I can use other soundfonts.

I'd sure love to hear the recording you made. Any chance of rendering as an mp3 and putting it on Senduit?