View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 12:32 AM
Clyde (clyde)

Default Hi Gracie, Thanks for yo

Hi Gracie,

Thanks for your comments about my song. The full set of my music is at www.jazzworship.com

In regard to CCLI copyright, its all straightforward. They have a web page at www.ccli.com and you check out the 'administrators' section.

Basically the situation is as follows:

(a) You pay a joinging fee to CCLI - about $80 (not too sure of current fee). This fee makes you an 'administrator' for copyright within your region. (eg USA, or Asia etc). You can request CCLI to give you coverage for all regions, which they do for no additional charge.

(b) Each song that you want covered by copyright has to be registered with them. There is a simple form to fill in, and you send it to them, along with the music and lyrics and they register the song. They give each song a CCLI number.

And that is about all there is to it. Suggest you e-mail them, I deal with the Australian office of CCLI have found them to be most helpful.

I would suggest that the benefit of CCLI is not to 'make lots of money' but rather to protect your rights in your songs, should some company want to publish them. I believe you can protect yourself and at the same time give permission for people to use it freely.

Cheers ... Clyde