View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Adrian Allan (adrianallan)

Default Don't worry all - I don

Don't worry all - I don't take offence at all.

It's about a difference in approach; I agonize over every note in my melodies, and go through pages of manuscript before I'm happy with what I produce. I only have one rule of self judgement - if it doesn't "work" as a piece on the piano, it will never work, no matter how much time is spent on production.

I'm really aiming my output as musicians who can spot this potential in music.

I probably don't fit into the forums on EastWest - people there seem probably spend two hours just fixing a mic at the right level over a piano.

In truth, I think that I'm on the right side of the fence in putting the music first.

I had a listen to one of the songs by one of the most harsh of the EastWest posters - granted, the production was great, but to me, there was very little of interest in the music.

And I still maintain that "terrible" is something that the general public can spot (who almost universally liked the demo), and not just the Technos.

Just as a "terrible" performance would have lots of slips and mistakes, so many that even the general public would notice.

A performance would not be terrible because the rubatos were misjudged and the trills were back to front, it would be terrible because even the untrained listeners were cringing in their seats.