View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hi Sherry,

Hi Sherry,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Very cool! I like being able to have the notes (your written annotations, that is) right in the score - kind of like having hand-written notes and thoughts right where they are needed!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>I started to enter the comments as lyrics, but found that it was easier to use free text. That should have been obvious to me from the start.

I forgot to save the .gpo file. I used solo tuba 1; set the Kontakt volume level about abou 80%; and in Composer as the Mod Wheel for the whole track at 10,000 if I remember correctly.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Perhaps you could enter an alternate "Mark's tuba interpretation" staff above the one I entered to demonstrate how you might make the tuba line more in step (pun intended) with what you're thinking. That could be instructive for those of us following this little saga.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>I could do that, and perhaps will later. But I'm interested in hearing what you might do. It would be sort of like how my piano teacher, Althea, taught me. She was my first and only piano teacher from age 8 to 18. She never showed me how to interpret music by playing it herself. She just gave me suggestions, and left it to me to put my own personal touch on the music. It became my music instead of hers. Althea wasn't very strong on teaching piano technique; but she taught her students to love music. So, I'm thinking here the way Althea would by offering some suggestions but leaving it to you to put your own personal touch on the piece. If I've left you enough room ... :-)

Cheers
-- Mark