View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Gary (and all),

Howdy Gary (and all),

I only wish I could compose like that! Mark has graciously offered us the opportunity to play around with his composition, and I've been bold enough to venture to add some timpani and am in the process of adding some bass strings, just to see how it goes. So I can't take any credit at all - this is Mark's baby ;)

And thanks for the suggestions about clipping - I've used some of those in the past for remedying some of those very same problems. The "clip" reference in my post above, however, dealt with the fact that my compositional style is that I tend to put in a lot more in a track initially, then I tend to "clip" or delete it out later, as my ear tends to come back to equilibrium between the parts.

And thanks Gary for the helpful hint about the reverb. I didn't realize that if it was too high it could produce distortion. I've had one occasion in the past where I was using GPO, and we wanted a very "echo chamber" like effect, and we ended up with some distortion. Your point explains why

ttfn,
Sherry